Six basic principles informed the development of this strategy:
- Teamwork – success of gender integration ultimately depends on the collective efforts of everyone in
- Equal opportunity – providing equal opportunity, while not sufﬁcient, is a necessary condition for closing or bridging gender gaps in cross border trade;
- Equity –through ensuring recognition of difference
- Intersectionality – there is no universal ‘men or women’s experience’ and as other scholars have argued, men and women come only in different socio-economic classes, cultures, educational status and so This therefore calls for the need to go beyond counting the number of women, but also asking, which women – and understanding the interaction of gender and other social categories and identities.
- Banishing Silences – there is need to proactively seek and amplify women’s voices, and those of other vulnerable groups
- Critical Perspective – individuals need to understand, examine, and challenge the status Gender integration is not about ‘bringing women into the mainstream or balancing men and women’. Rather, also should be about questioning the mainstream – because perhaps it may not meet the desires and expectations of women.
- Accountability – there is need to set reasonable gender equality targets, track progress, adjust approaches, and be accountable to men and women that SACBTA exists
www.moneyfmzambia.com/… Trade ban between Zambia, Zimbabwe worries Cross Borders by Money FMSeptember 21, 2018066 SHARE0 The Cross Boarder Traders Association has expressed concern at the decision by the Zambian Government to ban trade between Zambia and Zimbabwe following an outbreak of Cholera in neighboring Zimbabwe. The association has since called on the Ministry of Health in
MUKHERO is a SACBTA affilliate which represent cross border traders in Mozambique. Mukhero is Planning to host a national workshop on STR to sensitise women Cross Border Traders with the support from Open Society of Southern Africa (OSISA). This workshop will be attended by Government Ministries and civil society andTraders in Maputo.
SADC finally has developed the STR protocol that will be implemented under trade facilitation. The proposed STR protocol will simplify Customs Clearance procedures that assist small scale cross border traders to easily import and export goods. The simplified clearance procedure under SADC will facilitate trade especially women small cross border traders. Why is it necessary
SACBTA TO HOST A REGIONAL WOMEN FORUM TO BE HOSTED BY SWAZILAND CROSS BORDER TRADERS ASSOCIATION-SWACBTA
Many businesses, large and small, have a huge source of great ideas that can help them improve, innovate, and grow, and yet so many of these companies never think of using this amazing corporate asset. What is this highly valuable asset? Its own people.